Today is my Dad’s Birthday. He’s one of the greatest guys who ever walked this earth. This post is for you Dad. I hope you have a wonderful day 🙂
“Each day for 365 days for the year 2012 I will post an image of something I have hand-lettered: a letter of the alphabet, a word, a phrase, a quote, a name.”
Some of these are really beautiful. I think I like the script ones the best. Here’s a few. Check out all the other ones that have been created thus far!
When this ad launched in 2007, it was one of the first advertisements I can remember tearing out and collaging my closet door walls with. (Along with images of fashion photo shoots from various magazines.) When I reached college I continued to tear out Marc Jacobs ads and plaster my closet doors in my dorm, then apartments, and I have since stopped tearing apart my magazines. Still, there are moments when I think about tearing them up and collaging my room all over again.
I think I can easily tell you that the Marc By Marc Jacobs advertisements are my all time favorite. The vast amounts of white space, Jurgen Teller‘s photography, and Sackers Gothic. Yes, that is the recipe for the perfect Marc Jacobs ad. It’s just my kind of style. I mean if you take a look at my home decor board on pinterest the images have a similar style as well. I like lot’s of white with just some accents of color. (I’m partial to mostly neutral colors though.)
Anyways I just stumbled across a Marc Jacobs ad when I was pinning and felt the need to share what I feel like is a great ad campaign. It’s definitely one of my greatest inspirations.
I also just found out about this incredible book. I want! Looks like I may have just started my Christmas list, cause this book my friends, is more than I have to just throw down at the moment.
Today I had a bunch of little things to take care of, and slept in too late mostly. But this evening was relaxing I had a nice little taste of dinner with my roomies. I’m going to miss this place.
We made my favorite recipe ever! Creamy Avocado Pasta It truly felt like summer, which is funny I guess considering it’s almost over.
But it was a great evening!
It’s official, I only have 13 days left in this wonderful place I’ve called “slome” for the past 4 years. It has been quite the journey and I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve met so many great people, grown up, and accomplished more than I ever dreamed of.
On my 18 mile run yesterday I had some time to think though, a lot of time actually, and I started trying to figure out what my “so long list” should be. I’ve been here for 4 years, what places, people, and things will I miss when I’m gone? Where should I eat before I leave? Do I go to the bars Thursday night or do I go line dancing? Which hikes have I not done yet? What experiences do I have that I’d like to do one last time? Which experiences do I have yet to do before I leave?
So here’s my So Long List that I’ve compiled so far.
Eat at Firestone, Shin’s, Gus’s, Thai Boat, and House of Bagels (I like my food)
One last run around Cal Poly Campus
A fairly short list I know, but my time left is short as well. What would you add to the list? What is on your So Long List?
Please take note. If there is one thing I’ve learned, “it’s not what you do, it’s who you’re with.” Most of my friends have left San Luis Obispo by now anyways, now it’s my turn. I may be bummed to say goodbye, but I am very much excited for the next chapter in my life. I can’t wait to move to Newport and meet new people and explore a place I’ve never been!
This might be a bit a jump start butttt I am really looking forward to fall. I’m ready for layers. However, I am moving to Newport beginning of September, do they have seasons? I hope it’s not like summer all the time. I enjoy the cool weather, I want to wear jackets, sweaters, scarves, beanies and boots.
As a tribute to Krochet Kids Intl. where I’m going to be interning and couldn’t be more excited, here are the beanies I like best.
And here are some boots that I like… I can’t figure out the exact kind of boots I want yet. I WANT some though that much I know.
Really liking these Dover Boots
There’s of course a million other items I want for fall. But for now these are my must haves. What do you want for fall?
I need a new planner, that’s pretty much all there is to it. I use wunderlist for my iphone and mac book but I really like to write things down by hand. It’s just easier sometimes. I like lots of room by each day so that I can write down all the things I have to do. I’m a list kinda girl (I think most girls are), and as dumb as it may be I get great satisfaction out of crossing things off.
These are some pretty cool planners that I”ve come across so far.
And I won’t lie this one was pretty ugly but I do enjoy how big it is.
And that’s about all I could find that I thought were worth posting. My roommate has a really cute planner she found at Barnes & Noble so maybe I’ll take a look there later. Do you know of any really neat planners?
I found this the other day and I found it hilarious! 50 Reasons Not to date a Graphic Designer. The ones in the bold I can most definitely relate to.
1. They are very weird people.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other.
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch.
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra.
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics …
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city.
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearim them screaming “When is the deadline?”
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
I’m really missing this place for some reason. Maybe it’s because of my training for the Nike Women’s Marathon which is going to take place there. Or it could be because I’ve always told everyone I wanted to live there, and I’m not positive where I will be living after this month. Perhaps I am subconsciously wanting to move there. Maybe it’s because fall is coming and I enjoy the fog in the city. Well, whatever it is I wanna visit, it’s been so long.